Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie challenge- use something old....and an Alice challenge

Ahhh...it's finally Gabrielle's turn to come out to play. Don't tell the other folks but she tells me they saved the best for last. I am talking for Gabrielle as she is a little hoarse from playing a long wild game of croquet. It's also time for our weekly challenge and it is to use something old from your stash. To me old means as soon as the bag gets placed in my craft room and I am lusting after my next purchase tee hee. Who's with me, right ladies!!! I used some of my old SU paper from a 6x6 pack. With the release of Alice in Wonderland with the INCREDIBLE Johnny Depp (again- who's with me ladies!) I wanted to do the card in black, white and red in honour of a deck of cards. The croquet game in the book just blew my mind as a child. Speaking of Alice....(nice segue Andrea lol) a stamping friend of mine Jessica ( one of my craft crushes :) has a new challenge blog focused on Alice inspired challenges. This week is a colour challenge and you can click here to go see the inspiration. I will admit it was out of my comfort zone completely but once it was all pulled together I really like it, I hope you do too.

9 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wow, I love Gabrielle! She is too sweet for words! And she looks lovely set with the black and red and white. And your Oh, Alice challenge card is WONDERful, too!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful cards! Just beautiful!

Scrapacat said...

Oh how gorgeous! I love them both - great design and perfect coloring! I'm with you all the way - Depp, Jessica, new toys...hook line and sinker!
~ky

Sammi said...

oooh ...these cards are GORGEOUS Andrea! Love how you did the red, black and white like a pack of cards - yay Johnny Depp!! :D Gabrielle is delightful, btw and coloured beautifully!
Love your Oh, Alice card too.. the richness of those colours is wonderful!
Sammi
xxx

Tracey said...

These are both incredible Andrea! Such gorgeous colours and your colouring is awesome!! Love them!! xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH between your post and the comment Ky left I'm blushing here! I think you're awesome, sweet Andrea and am SO flattered by your words. This hobby brings so many wonderful people together and I'm so glad we met!

Thanks SO much for being a part of the Oh,Alice challenge today and for making a challenge card! IT ROCKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, those girls are just a hoot! :)

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh these girls are great!

Jen Shults said...

These are both stunning! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Oh, Alice!