Monday, August 29, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and a fun Halloween card

Happy Monday everyone! We are starting the back to school countdown at our house. One more week till I get to choose the music and tv shows during the day- yippee! One thing that my kids enjoy about Fall coming is that Halloween is not too long after back to school time. Probably because we celebrate it for most of October lol! My hubby is obsessed with scary things and scary movies and quite honestly it creeps me out. I prefer the cutesy Halloween images but I am not allowed to help decorate. Sigh. So instead I make fun Halloween cards for my family and friends as many of them have this holiday as their fave too. 



I made this card this past weekend while at my fave store SGD during the crop and I used the KKS stamp Kreepy Kitty and coloured him orange so that I could use the Echo Park sticker "Beware of black cats" as a tongue in cheek kinda thing. It made me laugh anyway lol! I also used more of the Echo Park stickers and 6x6 papers from the Apothecary line that my black cat sticker came from. I then added clear glaze using my clear Viva decor pen to add texture to my images and card. Love that pen as it dries so much quicker than other thick glazes. My moon is paper pieced with this shimmery thick plastic paper that has an opal sheen in real life. I am saving it to also use on fairy wings in the future. 

I even went crazy and decorated the inside of the card- whoa settle down there Andrea!! Yep- I was full of tea and feeling wild lmbo! I used the matching KKS sentiment and more stickers from the EP pack. 


I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown- Dimension and texture (my bat and sticker labels)
The Poodles Parlour- Anything goes
The Pink Elephant Challenge blog (TPE 114) - Paper Piecing (my shimmery moon)

Hope you get to have a crafty day! Andi

8 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is so cute Andrea! I love the picture and your coloring is fabulous! Love the way the sentiment panel looks!! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Spooooky, but fabulous! Great card Andrea!

Jacq said...

Hi Andrea,
WOW this is simply, spookily Fabulous!!!! Love the fabulous image you've used, the dp, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Unknown said...

Cute--the crowned raven is my fave!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Unknown said...

Great card! Love the EP paper, I ordered some and have to pick it up.
I am with your husband and love Halloween as well!

Unknown said...

Awesome, love it! I saw it in the store today too - and it's even better in person. LOVE how you coloured the fence - and the moon. Super cool! You are SO creative - love ya!

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card and LO. Thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, good luck, blessings Hilde

Unknown said...

love it!!! awesome! love the moon it really makes the whole card!