Monday, May 17, 2010

Nashville Tennessee Flood 2010




I have been watching with a heavy heart the effects of the flooding in Nashville and area. I have some sweet friends who live there and seeing the devastation has really left me wanting to do something to help. As a crafter I was so happy to hear that a stamp company had already found a way to help out by making this digi stamp set where 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Nashville Red Cross Flood Relief. My friend Jessica's card that I am sharing today uses this adorable image from the "A Helping Hand" set, now available at the Wildflower Patch store. "A Helping Hand" is a collaboration between Jen Shults of Wildflower Patch Stamps and Betty Roberts of Simply Betty. If you are able to help out either by spreading the word or purchasing the stamp set (which you can find by clicking here) or any of the other many ways you can find to help it is all appreciated!


4 comments:

Lorraine said...

gorgeous card but it is so sad about the flood xx

FitterTwit said...

This is an awesome post, that is an awesome stamp set, and what an AMAZING company!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

You are TOO sweet for posting about this...thank you SOOO much. It means to world to me that people are reaching out here to the city that we LOVE and call home. Thanks for caring so much, sweet Andrea!!!

Ms. Jen said...

Your such a doll! I love that you are always looking for ways to help others. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea it was even out there. We've been so busy here with clean-up and helping our neighbors I haven't had much time on the computer. Without you I wouldn't have known about this. I'm gonna let all my friends know so they can help out too. It's tough and it's going to continue to be tough for a long time yet to come. My love and prayers go out to all my neighbors here in Tennessee that have suffered from this tragic event.