Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yawn..Stretch...Scratch...It's time to get off my butt and get Krafty again!



YYYooouuuaaaaaahhhhhh.....(me stretching)...CCccraaacckkk...(me getting off the couch and bones groaning)......What the!!!..... (me finding cobwebs on my craft supplies). Yep it's that time..time to get back to my crafty rhythm after a long Christmas break and quite honestly to get off my butt. It was a snow filled Christmas break and I am still slow in getting back into the routine of normal life where Christmas carols and different flavoured hot chocolates and (rum) eggnogs aren't part of every moment of my day.

To help ease back into life without daily prezzies Kraftin' Kimmie has fired up the weekly challenges and this one was no easy peasy one for me. Michele who is one of my craft mentor's issued the following directive- "Make a Fibre Free Card". That's right, no fibres, threads, strings, ribbons, floss....NOTHING. I luvs me some ribbon so this was a problem. I tried giving up my morning Bran Flakes..didn't count. I tried eating white bread instead of my fave 12 Grain rich in fibre...didn't count. In desperation I tried banning leafy green veg but...Kimmie clarified yet again...no fibre on my cards. No two ways around it.....none.

I did it. I really did. I even love my cute sledding card using the appropriately titled 'Sledding pals' by Steven Leary. I even got all creative and used the leftover snowflakes from my border punch as an accessory. But you wouldn't believe how many times I reached for my ribbon only to slowly pull my hand back. I couldn't even use buttons because I couldn't thread them. AND THE CRAZY THING IS I RARELY THREAD THEM ANYWAYS!! But because I didn't have a choice...I walked away from the option. And I am still here. In one piece. With a cute card. SUCCESS!

Okay, I 'may' have missed writing on my bloggy too. Sorry for the long diatribe but once started there was no stopping. I promise that when you click here to go to the Kraftin' Kimmie stamps challenge blog you can view the other Fibre-less cards without the dose of drama lmbo!!

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and cheers to us for getting our kraft back on! Andi

8 comments:

Tracey said...

This is adorable Andrea!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT Andi!!! Gorgeous work! Xx

KimberleyG said...

You always crack me up. I think your card is great and not lacking in any way because of the lack of fibres. Sacrilige perhaps, but true!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Those little pals look ever so cute! Now go eat some fiber, woman!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GIRLFRIEND! I am sooooo excited to be back as a Krafty Guest w/ y'all this month! MWAH! AWESOME coloring and your post cracked me up-I felt a little 'nekked' too w/out ribbon, twine, etc. but I LOVE your coloring-totlly makes up for it!

Kirsty said...

I just love it! Your card is beautiful - layout, colouring, etc. It's perfect!

StampinCathy said...

This is just super duper cute.

Welcome! said...

This is so totally ADORABLE! And brilliant embellishment...too cute! Love it!
Krista :)