Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gilli stamps and flourishes- I took the easy way out with this challenge lol!

*Please click on the picture for a closer view*

Today I am sharing my card for our current Gilli stamps challenge hosted by Melanie- flourishes! Now I have to admit I feel like I cheated as I chose paper that had flourishes hee hee. You can see them in the bottom left of the card and also below my sweet flying bird. I am obviously in need of some flourish dies ;). 

I used the lovely Lady Gilli on my card tonight and gave her a satin evening dress to go with my elegant card. I coloured her dress using the following copic colours- BG70, 72, 75, 78. I then added some crystal lacquer I had on hand to give it that satin sheen I just love. I had a satin shirt in the early 90's..it was in style then to be fair...and I just loved the way it felt against my skin and I like to imagine she is also enjoying the smooth silkiness of her evening dress.

My card layout comes from one of my FAVE sketch sites- CPS blog. They are one of my absolute first sites I check whenever I need a sketch- love them! 

Well that's all for me today. I hope this helps to inspire you along with the other DT eye candy we have posted so that you play along with our current challenge over at the House of Gilli challenge blog. We would love for you to join us!!

Cheers, Andi 

Papers used- My Mind's Eye Lost and Found- Portabello Road 6x6
Kraft and black cardstock
doily shapes from my friend Anja xo
self adhesive pearls


4 comments:

The Bug said...

Love it! And no you didn't cheat - you have flourishes, it counts. You did a great job coloring Gilli, what a great touch with the sheen!
Hugs, Wini

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love!
xx

Unknown said...

Oh I love it! Wish I looked that good in a dress.

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cute card.
luv
Debby