Tuesday, November 1, 2011

High Hopes Stamps challenge- Anything High Hopes!


This week's challenge over at the HHS challenge blog is an easy one- create anything using any High Hopes Stamps images. Sweet! I used this opportunity to stroll down memory lane and use Candi the Tooth Fairy which is an older image. 

Candi is coloured with Touch Twin markers as I had an opportunity to try them out while hanging out with my friend Vicki Garrett. I wanted to be able to try them and give opinions on them as I try to have knowledge on colouring mediums as best as I can as part of the CMC design team as we help others by giving colouring tips and inspiration. I have to report that there is a learning curve for me whenever I try to use a different type of marker. I always start out as if I just learned to colour for the first time lol!!! I found that the Touch Twin markers really flowed across the page and easily saturated my page to help me with blending. I love the result I got with them and hope that when I get some of my own that I am able to colour as well with them as I can with my copics. I used some of the new Webster's pages Christmas paper in the fun purple, pink and green colours to match the bright colours of my image. It's funny because purple is my fave colour yet I have a brutal time crafting with it!! I think it is because purple can have cold or warm undertones and I spend ages looking through my supplies to see what I have that matches my project as least close enough. I may have to sort all my stash by colours and then by the tone of the colour.....hmmm...we both know that is likely to never happen hee hee. I would like it done- I wonder if I can pay someone to do it for me lol!!!

Before popping over to the HHS Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT has cooked up to get your inspiration stirring check out the High Hopes Stamps sale below on Fairy Tale images (I have linked it for you- just click on the name of the stamp)- gotta love a good sale!!!

November Monthly Special on now until Nov 7th.


Cheers! Andi

2 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Girl- seriously this is FABULOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring and she is too adorable- what a great card! LOVED talking to you last week- MUST do again soon! Mwah!

Kelly Schelske said...

She's adorable Andrea, love the colors!