Sunday, May 27, 2012

C4C - One layer cards - Yikes!!!



First- sorry my blog didn't post this yesterday. I guess Blogger was enjoying the sun or needed more caffeine lol!

Barb for her last challenge of the month over at C4C had us all freaking out- create a one layer card. So that is basically just a card base. My word is that hard for me! As I sat at my craft table throwing out project after project I wondered how this was so challenging when after all when I started cardmaking years ago with Stampin' Up I did one layer cards all the time!!!! I guess I have come to rely on pretty layers. Now in fairness you can add embellishments- just no more paper. 

Here are my attempts that I felt were up to sharing hee hee! I embossed my first one with a cool frame and stamped a lovely lady inside of it that I just received from Michele Boyer- I love her!!! I dug out my pan pastels and added a touch of colour to her eyes, lips and cheeks. I actually really like the retro look on this one. Reminds me of my Aunt's barbie collection I used to play with when I was little when it was all white, black and pink. 

My second card also uses stamps from Michele- love them too!- and with my love of hot drinks this one was easier to do. I added some gingham ribbon I recently bought while on a shopping trip with my friends Anja and Bella. I hope Anja likes the look of this ribbon because I convinced her she needed to buy many rolls of it in different colours hee hee!!

So what do you think? What to give it a try along with us over at Crazy for Challenges? It is nice to keep things CAS once in awhile!

4 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Both cards are gorgeous! What did you use to emboss the frame on the first one?

Vicki G said...

Very Cute Andi!


xo

Joanne (jojot) said...

both are simply fabbo

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! I love these!