Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oh Alice and Kraftin' Kimmie stamps play together for today's challenge


"They don't keep this room so tidy as the other,' Alice thought to herself, as she noticed several of the chessmen down in the hearth among the cinders: but in another moment, with a little `Oh!' of surprise, she was down on her hands and knees watching them. The chessmen were walking about, two and two!

`Here are the Red King and the Red Queen,' Alice said (in a whisper, for fear of frightening them), `and there are the White King and the White Queen sitting on the edge of the shovel -- and here are two castles walking arm in arm..."

--Ch. 1: Through the Looking Glass

I have combined 2 challenges today for my cards as they fit perfectly together! The challenge over at 'Oh Alice' is to use some aspect of the game of chess. You might want to use a checkerboard pattern, feature a King, Queen, Knight or Castle (Rook). Or perhaps there is another aspect of the game we haven't thought of yet. On my card I used 'Sir Galahad' the Knight from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps to add my 'chess' component to my card. See that amazing swirl on my card. That is a new stamp I picked up at SGD that I am in love with by Impression Obsession. I then used the sketch that is the challenge for KKS this week by the amazing Michele to put my card together. A fabulous sketch I will absolutely use again and again! Junior Krafty girl Katie also wanted to play along with the challenge and used the new stamp Virginia to play along. I just love how her colouring with copics has evolved and she explained to me tonight how she adds random darker colours in the hair to colour like Krista hee hee!



Do you want to play along with us? Click here to go to the Kraftin' Kimmie stamps challenge blog to see the sketch to play along to win AND you can win even further by clicking here to go to the 'Oh Alice' challenge blog and read the deets on how to play to win there as well. Love it! Lots of ways to get the mojo rocking and perhaps win some free goodies. Good luck! Andi

5 comments:

Sammi said...

wow Sara! I just LOVE LOVE your Alice card this week!!
Sammi
xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

I can't believe how you were able to combine your KK preview and that AWESOME diamond bg! This is awesome in all that black and white Andi! xoxo

Emma said...

Ohhh I love your knight in shining armour, he is sooo cute! Love it Andrea!

Lynne Phelps said...

That Knight is perfect for the chess challenge, and diamonds look like chessboards seen at an angle so that is perfect too! LOVE the flourish! Jr. Krafty Girl's coloring really rocks, love her gray outline especially! I have entered for you blog candy, so come enter mine over at The Altered Alice! ;-)

Donna said...

Fabulous Knight! I love him! This is the perfect card for this challenge. Great Job!!!!!

The other card is also very cute!