Thursday, September 22, 2011

HHS Release day is here- yippee!

Welcome to the High Hopes stamps new release hop! If you are already hopping along you would have arrived from Karen's blog. Doesn't she have mad colouring skills!! She blows my mind! If you haven't started yet grab a cuppa and jump over to my good friend Jeanne's blog. I aspire to rock the clean and simple look like Jeanne does instead of all my bling. She really knows how to pull it all together. All stamps are now available to purchase- yippee!

On to today's card. When I first saw this image of Santa as a moon I have to admit I scratched my head. Whenever I am not sure of how I would use an image the first thing I do is challenge myself to colour it up and figure it out. 
I found a great sketch over at the CPS sketch blog and it really helped me get my ideas going. I knew I wanted Santa overlooking something and then I finally found some MME die cuts of trees and knew I had hit the jackpot! I coloured up my Santa Moon- added stickles to his beard. Cause obviously Moon Santa would have a twinkly beard right! I assembled my card and it still needed something so I used the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment from HHS as I just loved the big fun font. 

Soooo..what do you think? I have to admit I love it! I am really happy I played with this image instead of letting my baffled mind shy away from it. I am so pleased with how it turned out and I hope it also got your mind spinning with possibilities.

To continue the hop next up is Anna. Anna is another one who makes the best clean and simple cards. I am always checking out her work and her tutorials- she rocks! In fact I think she may even have a tutorial for you today- love that she does that!
Don't forget to leave a comment at every DT member blogs as we will be awarding new stamps to a lucky commenter. The hop challenge is open until Sat at midnight EST so you have lots of time to enjoy all the HHS creations on your way!

Have a Crafty day! Andi

33 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

You have been sooooo busy! Another great card with a pretty cool image and again, great use of the CPS sketch.

Tanya S said...

OMG Love it..the trees are perfect!Great card hun!

Riina said...

This card is so cute. I love this Santa.

Аня said...

Lovely card!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh a sparkly santa and love the way you attached the twine with staples too! and and and! its just perfect, thanks for a fun stop on the hop! Samantha :0)

Trudy Osborn said...

Cute, cute card!!! What a fabulous combination of patterned paper to create a fun scene.

Dee in N.H. said...

How cute! Love that Santa image and you really rocked it!

Janet said...

Your card is so cute!! Love how you did that Santa!

Pam said...

Very modern and very cute

callyannc said...

This is so adorable! Love the santa head! TFS CallyAnn

Miria said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for sharing and for the chance, Miria x

Yvonne said...

Oh he's adorable... he'd be great with the snow paint hair too!!

jan farnworth said...

great card.

Kellie said...

Love the papers and good use of this stamp. This stamp presents a user's challenge and I think I'm up for it.

Heidi said...

Anread, this is so cute! I love the colours!

Lynne in NI said...

What a gorgeous Christmassy scene! Bet your moon is even more gorgeous IRL with his fab sparkly beard!

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

Well Santa seems to have real fun up there! Great card and love your stapler/twine thing ;)
Hugs Alie

Ria said...

I love the Santa :) Your card is brilliantly combined!! really gorgeouss
hugs Ria

Tracy said...

Very cute card, I love the Santa! Different.

Lisa Summerhays said...

I love it too. The image is fabulous and your layout rocks.

Lea L. said...

This is darling!! I love the Santa moon....he is so cute!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

KimberleyG said...

I love the trees! The santa image is cute too.

Deb said...

Adorable card! Love the layout.

upc said...

What a gorgeous Christmas time scene! Your card is brilliantly combined with artificial stars with real stick. I never try to create santa Claus in this way, it is such a funny and attractive work.

Janine said...

Fun card - such bright colours

MarikaGabez said...

Love the layout.

Lillian A said...

Great job on moon Santa and love how you put it all together. Nice idea to add the trees and decorate them, too!

Robin Parker said...

Andrea, love the Santa moon, great sketch and love the stickles on his hat. Fabulous DP too.

Gail said...

What a great stamp and how you colored him is outstanding! Beautiful card!

--Gail
http://laceylassy.blogspot.com/

Dalis said...

Andrea,
I think you rocked the moon!!!!! I love also the little white punch out and red rectangle to mimic his clothing!


-- dalis
alidalis AT comcast DOT net

Nikki said...

Love your Card and the Santa Moon looks perfect with it :)

Lorraine said...

Oh this santa is so cute, thanks for the blog hop xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Fantastic Christmas card!!