Monday, November 21, 2011

Birthday card using Sweet Stamp shop stamps!

One of my newest addictions are the stamps over at the Sweet Stamp Shop and their uber adorable owner Nicole. I fell in love with them at their very first release with their Gnome set- Had.To.Have! 

This set -Scootin' by- was one I kept looking at each time I was at their website but I wasn't sure how I would use it. Funny enough it is the very first set I have used out of the ones I now own hee hee. My sweet nephew had his 5th birthday the other day and since he keeps all the cards his Auntie gives him so I wanted to make him something special. Shaker card it is! 

I stamped this image multiple times on my white paper and my patterned papers. I cut out different parts of the scooter and paper pieced them. I used my grey copics for the wheels and the horn and then stamped the clouds in blue ink. I used a card template I had leftover from a past project and stamped part of the sentiment on the white tag and the 'happy birthday' right underneath it. Clean and simple! OhEmGee- was that ever hard for me to do! Look at all that space that is not covered by bling or stamped images. I made a pact to myself to try getting back to my stamping roots and mix it up and do some cards 'old school style' lol. I am happy with how it turned out and I am even happier with my Scooter stamp set purchase - craft spending justified!

Hope you have a great Monday!
Cheers, Andi 

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Super, super cute! LOVE the paper piercing! I bet he was thrilled with his awesome card from Auntie!
xxx

Just me... said...

I absolutely *love* it! You're paper piecing and all the bright colors.... ahhhmazing! Thanks so much for sharing ... Big Hugs, Nicole

Macpurp said...

I adore this !
such a fun boys card,
love teen x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOO Cute! I LOVE the paper pieced scooter--and I LOVE your sentiment and that ribbon treatment with the banner! CLEVER:) SOOOOOO glad you enjoy using these SSS images--they are AMAZING!!! LOVE them and this card:)

fatmi said...

I like the Hot red on this card, however I am not part of this challenge but it helped me a lot to develop my own concepts.

Plastic VIP cards
clear business cards

Renkata said...

Very chic card.

lynn79 said...

This is adorable...love the bright colors!

miatagal said...

Andi,

Cute card and wonderful colouring!