Saturday, February 11, 2012

Crazy 4 Challenges gets sketchy!


It is my second week on the Crazy 4 Challenges team and it is a sketch. Love sketches- they just take the stress right out of my body. Especially simple sketches like the one our fabulous hostess Lynda has provided us. To add a twist to the sketch she is asking that you make a card for someone you love...and actually send it to them. GASP! That is something that I plan to do...but rarely happens. This time it is going to happen though cause I am sending it to my hubby and I am actually going to mail it to our house hee hee! He rarely gets mail so I know he will get a kick out of it. 

I am using a stamp set from MFT that I fell in love with the moment I saw it and obsessed over it till I owned it. Then I promptly stored it and forgot about it. When I saw this amazing paper 'Yours Truly' by Echo Park and it reminded me of my beloved stamp set and die and I dug it out for this challenge. Luckily it wasn't packed yet as we are moving next week and most of my stuff is packed. Speaking of moving and living in a house filled with boxes I did manage to convince hubby that if all my crafting items were packed I could have a serious meltdown if I didn't have at least some of my 'happy room' available to me. Lovely guy that he is he totally understood. He has his video games for his stress relief and relaxation so he 'gets it'. 

In fact that is why I chose this sentiment to go with my card- it actually comes with the set too. We both have our favourite ways to pass time and we have even found a way to do it together at the new house. Currently I have a small craft room and I leave him in the livingroom when I am crafting. He hates that because he always likes to be close to each other even if we are doing our own things. It used to drive me crazy but now I find it cute. In our new house my craftroom is going to be in our HUGE office where I get 90% of the space for my craft studio and he is taking 10% to set up an armchair and his video games so that we can hang out together while we each do our favourite things. How cute is that! I have to admit I agreed to this on the condition that he invest in some of those wireless headphones so that I don't have to hear his games. Honestly- hearing the same words repeated over and over again in his war game sets my teeth on edge so this gives us the best of both worlds. I am sure some of you know exactly what I am talking about!

So here's to you hubby- you are just my type. Love you.

Cheers, Andrea


6 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Absolutely love every element here....such a gorgeous creation!! Welcome to the team!!! :-)

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Ms. Andi! He'll love it!

MWAHS~

V

Tracey said...

I love this Andrea!! Incredible card!!

Barbara, said...

Hey ! I have this paper! love what you did with it!

KelliJo said...

Oh you are a BETTER woman than I... NO FRIGGIN WAY would I share my sacred space... I only "technically" do it now as it's part of our bedroom and I can't stamp when he's sleeping so I'm "technically" not sharing.... yes, keep telling myself that over and over and over... and HEY! Do those earphones have a microphone so they can synchronize? LMAO Yea umm, have fun with THAT... "CUTE" NOT!!! LMAO But what is? Yea that card... the reason I'm blab blab blabbing all over your blog! ;)

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderful card AND compromise about your 'office'....I am sure you will LIVE in that room....hope you'll share pics of your craft room...