Thursday, August 22, 2013

Unity Thursday- Come hop with us!


I am having so much fun with the Aug SMAK kit- you can do anything!

I am so bad at actually making and sending cards to my loved ones. Like really bad. My goal is to try and actually give my family cards- won't they be surprised ha!

My youngest turned 14 last week and she wanted to see the CN Tower. So hubby took the day off work and took the train to help her birthday wishes come true. This is them together on the observation deck. Let me just say I am not a fan of this part as the wind is so strong and the look down makes my mind spin! I also had to make my hubby promise NOT to do the skywalk with her. Seriously- how grey does he want me to be!

I made her a belated birthday card using a snapshot I printed from my phone and used the frame from the kit and trimmed my picture around it's size. It works perfectly! I then used the 'say cheese' sentiment  to finish it off. I also used her fave colours on the card- am I a good mom or what! Actually a good mom probably would have had her card ready ON her birthday lol! Eek!



Unity has some amazing new releases you will see as you hop around this week and also a sale to help your wallet get more for your money. And a free stamp to boot! Can't resist that!

Time to hop and see the rest of the eye candy! Pop on over to the Project Life/Scrapbooker extraordinaire Jen!



43 comments:

Beckie said...

Great project.



Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute card of the 2 of them! this will most certainly be a treasured memory. :)
even if it did turn your hair grey! grins!

Noelle Reese said...

She is beautiful and so is your card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love photo cards! This is so sweet, loving the soft colors!

Guild Master Crystal said...

How awesome to put a photo on the front of the card! :D

LauraEva said...

Great idea to use this picture--!

Gaylynn said...

This is a sweet photo card. Looks ready to frame. Bet she loved it. :)

cghundley said...

Cute and fun
card!
Carla from Utah

Ruby said...

Cute card.

Emily said...

Love it!!!

Kris B said...

Great card! Love using the picture, makes the card more personal! TFS

Beth F. said...

What a meaningful card!
Beth's Beauties

Unknown said...

cute card!

Michelle said...

Love your card

Lucy E. said...

Great card-awesome picture!

Camerageek said...

The skywalk was closed when I went to the CNN tower. But not sure i'd like my daughter going out on it either! kinda scary. Bet she just loves this card.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cute card. TFS

Karen (karey2005) said...

I'm not a huge fan of the heights either...but I am a fan of this card!

Cynthia said...

Fun card, Andrea!

An'Jenic G. said...

Super cute card. I love that you add a photo. TFS An'Jenic-

Julie Odil said...

This is fantastic!

Arymlede said...

Very cool... Love the idea. TFS. Have a great weekend.

Sandra said...

A card and beautiful memory together! Awesome!

Scrapper Myra said...

The "unknown" is me... sorry I wasn't signed in correctly. TFS again.

Miwa said...

What a great card! I have this kit, so I thank you for the inspiration! :)

Marsha said...

Cute idea.

Angeline Choo said...

Awww, that's so sweet and personalized. I'm sure she loves it as much as I do.

Unknown said...

A lovely card that she can frame and show off! And a great reminder of a wonderful 14th birthday. Good job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! She can frame this and keep it near as a reminder of a wonderful birthday! Well done!

april dawn said...

I love Unity stamps.

Kate said...

Beautiful card!!!! I love it!

Helen said...

That is a cute card!

CraftyRia said...

Awesome card! I love the way you framed the photo.

Unknown said...

love your busses...<3 Hugs

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute card, love that frame.

Lillian Child said...

What a fun idea to use a snapshot for a card creation! Fabulous!

Emily H said...

Cute photo card!

creative-leeyours said...

Great idea and love the frame and SAY CHEESE!

creative-leeyours said...

Great idea and love the frame and SAY CHEESE!

Angie said...

The perfect belated birthday card!

Amanda said...

What a darling card!! I love how you added a snap shot to the front of your card.

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda:0)
amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com

Corrie said...

Great idea thanks for the idea

cal8007 said...

Thanks for your post; now I know how to use my stamp! Great lay out!