Sunday, May 27, 2012

C4C - One layer cards - Yikes!!!



First- sorry my blog didn't post this yesterday. I guess Blogger was enjoying the sun or needed more caffeine lol!

Barb for her last challenge of the month over at C4C had us all freaking out- create a one layer card. So that is basically just a card base. My word is that hard for me! As I sat at my craft table throwing out project after project I wondered how this was so challenging when after all when I started cardmaking years ago with Stampin' Up I did one layer cards all the time!!!! I guess I have come to rely on pretty layers. Now in fairness you can add embellishments- just no more paper. 

Here are my attempts that I felt were up to sharing hee hee! I embossed my first one with a cool frame and stamped a lovely lady inside of it that I just received from Michele Boyer- I love her!!! I dug out my pan pastels and added a touch of colour to her eyes, lips and cheeks. I actually really like the retro look on this one. Reminds me of my Aunt's barbie collection I used to play with when I was little when it was all white, black and pink. 

My second card also uses stamps from Michele- love them too!- and with my love of hot drinks this one was easier to do. I added some gingham ribbon I recently bought while on a shopping trip with my friends Anja and Bella. I hope Anja likes the look of this ribbon because I convinced her she needed to buy many rolls of it in different colours hee hee!!

So what do you think? What to give it a try along with us over at Crazy for Challenges? It is nice to keep things CAS once in awhile!

4 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Both cards are gorgeous! What did you use to emboss the frame on the first one?

Summerthyme Studio said...

Very Cute Andi!


xo

Joanne (jojot) said...

both are simply fabbo

Lynn Shaffer said...

Oh Wow! I love these!