Saturday, January 14, 2012

My cards using SGD's Jan Card Kit



I just love the challenge of getting a mix/match of papers and some stamps to see what I can come up with to help customers make cards with SGD's monthly card kits. Here are the two cards I designed. 

The first card is using one of Unity's Itty Bitty stamps called 'Life is so good'. And instead of copics this time I added colour to my image using stickles! I used Stardust, Fruit Punch and Christmas red. I also stamped the image using my absolute have ink for detailed stamps- Versafine in Onyx black

My second card I used one of my fave Unity Itty Bitty stamps "Just Be You". It may be my fave cause I have the matching shirt from Unity that the amazing Angela gave me last time I saw her. I love it! And let's face it- we all need a reminder from time to time that we should stay true to yourself and who you are instead of being who you think people want you to be. I know I have been guilty of that myself. I should probably get it tattooed on my hand to remind myself of that lol! 

I inked up the papers in the kit with some of the Mixed Media ink in Leather by Donna Salzar. It takes a bit to dry so be warned that you either want to set it aside or use a heat gun to dry it faster. 

I am really happy with my cards using this kit and I hope it helps inspire you too!

Cheers! Andrea