Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quick cards playing with Perfect Pearls


I just wanted to share 2 examples of the cards we made on a previous Product Talk session (aka Therapy Thursdays) where we played with Perfect Pearls over at SGD. 

To make this card we first stamped our image using Kaiser Crafts cute butterfly stamp in Versamark ink. We then took our perfect pearls and gently brushed a SMALL amount of the pigment onto the image. We found it best to work with one colour at a time and put it where we wanted it before moving onto the next colour. Once done you then take the larger brush that is included in the kit and brush to remove the excess pigment around the image. 

An important tip is that you should just use a light hand when applying the pigment as you don't want to grind it into the fibers of the paper and therefore leave a colour 'cast' around the image. As well I like to seal my images. In this case we used Goosebumps spray to seal and add texture to our cards yet you can also just use a mini mister and water to set your design. Love that!

One of the fun things about perfect pearls is how versatile the colours are. I used the exact same colours on each card yet based on what colour of card stock I used they looked completely different. I did also have an example on white paper but I gave that one to my partner in the A-Team the fantastic Anja. 

So here is another 'what's old is new again' tool that many of us have in our craft supply. Dig it out and see what fun it us to play with pigments!

Of course if you don't already have Perfect Pearls you know SGD has you covered!

Cheers, Andrea



3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Andrea this is stunning...I need to win Lotto max so I can give up working and just come to class!

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love perfect pearls and you did a great job with them. They are so much fun to play with.
Hugs, Patricia

stampinganja said...

I have send "mine" or yours,LOL, out already, I stamped my own sentiment, perfect card, thanks, Anja