Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie challenge- Let's make a scene

This week's challenge is to use 2 or more KK stamps to make a scene and boy oh boy did I make one when I was making this card lol. I fussed and fussed trying to figure it out until it all came together. I chose Ozzie and Harriet and Antoinette and made a skating scene. I wish I could skate as well as them lol. I had a tree stamp I used for the background by using 3 different colour inks and stamping off before I stamped them on the paper. I then used a white glimmer paint to create the ice. I wanted to create the snow border around the edge of the rink so I used to clear dimensional glue and added chunky glitter for effect. I then cut out the images (and perhaps said a few choice words- cutting is not my strength lol) to help them pop off the page. You have to see what the rest of the DT created, they are incredible! So hop on over to the challenge blog to see their creations and learn how you can play along and win some free stamps- woot woot. Hope you have a great stampin Saturday! Andrea

14 comments:

Vicki G said...

Andi, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Robin McK said...

ab job on making a scene! Love how you combined those images!

gina g said...

Fabulous card Andrea love the skating scene, i'm with you on cutting out lol, enjoy the rest of your weekend. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

Andi...This card is so gorgeous!! When I first saw it my jaw hit the floor!! You have out done yourself with this challenge!!! Xx

Tammy said...

Great card....She is a cutie.
smiles...

Tracey said...

Such a fabulous card Andrea! I love your skating scene!!

Melanie said...

I am in LOVE with this card!! How gorgeous, and incredibly creative!! The ice, the trees, the images....what's not to love??!! Stunning!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh it is stunning, Andi! I think we all wish we looked as good as Antoinette skating...I would be flat on my bum,lol! The scene is gorgeous...love the trees and shimmer and glitter...you rocked this challenge, hun!
Hugs,t

Welcome! said...

This card is amazing, those stamps matched up together are absolutely perfect!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Andrea, what a great card hunny! love your background! hugs Linda x

Shaun said...

I love your choices in stamps to use together! What fun and the card turned out fabulous. Nice job!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Andrea!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SUPER cute, Andrea! I just love the scene you created!

Nana Diana said...

This is so cute Andrea!! I love how you used Antoinette with the bears. I would never have thought of that. Sorry to be so late commenting, but you know I had 3 days away from home, so it's taking me a while to get caught up. I had fun anyway, sorry I missed seeing you, hopefully next time!!