Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge- Let's rip that paper!

Today's challenge for KK stamps comes to us from the Krafty Momma Diana. She wants us to rip that paper- distressing old school style. Sorry, kickin' it ole school style. I am so darn hip and cool I'm narly! My kids are shuddering with embarrassment as I write this. I had a very fun Friday hanging out with Kimmie and Krafty Momma Diana. It was fun listening to them tease each other and I totally jumped from side to side egging each other on tee hee! It was a lot of fun crafting with these girls and its becoming a nice habit. Just make sure you say lorry (another term for truck) properly. In case you are wondering I pronounced it as "Lori" and it is supposed to be said with a slight cute british accent and pronounced "Lawwry". I bet you had no idea you would get a mini English lesson today. I feel smarter.

For this card I used Forget Me Not Fairy and paper from the Lilac line from Kaiser Kraft. I coloured her with copics and used stickles to glitter it up. I meant to put the purple glitter on the flowers and started putting it on her dress instead. I stopped right away but it was too late so I went with it- its not too bad. I used so much stickles that my paper buckled up and had to be reglued down- I did a little bit of grrr'ing then! According to Kimmie what did I expect after using almost a full bottle on the wings- pfffffft. Someone was getting a wee bit cheeky if you ask me, LOL!!!

On to the deets- click here to go to the challenge blog and if you play along with us this week, be sure to link us up in the comments of this post, and when you upload to Splitcoast, be sure to use the keywords KKSC16 and KraftinKimmie (all one word) and your design will show up in our Kraftin' Kimmie gallery!!!

I hope you have a fab Saturday and hopefully get some crafting time. Cheers, Andrea

7 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Pfffffffft!!! Baaaaaahahaa! Okay, I've had my giggles for the morning...thanks!!

Tracey said...

I love the gorgeous colours on this Andrea! A beautiful card!

MarkerGeek said...

Hee! Sounds like you all had lots of fun!

Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Andrea....It does sound like you guys had a lot of fun!! I am envious....And what is with using a whole bottle of stickles..Well duh! No wonder you have to re-glue it..LOL!!! I am still giggling!! Really stunning card Hun... I just LOVE the colours you have chosen...In fact I love everything about this gorgeous creation!! Xx

Nana Diana said...

Hi Andrea!! Do you miss me yet?! As I told you yesterday, your card is wonderful. I love the stickles on the dress, what a great idea! It worked out great!! Wish my 'accidents' worked out that well. See you soon.

Melanie said...

Gorgeous Andrea! The purple and yellow are fantastic together!! LOL...if it makes you feel better, my paper has buckled before, as I tend to go a little Stickle-happy sometimes, hee hee. I have to restrain myself when I reach for those little sparkley bottles!

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty, Andrea! Sounds you all had a great time stamping! :) I wish I lived close enough to a stamper friend to do that sort of thing.