Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whimsical Wednesdays are back with a sketch

Jack has given us Daredevils a sketchy challenge this week. I am again using this month's sponsor The Greeting Farm as I love using their stamps with my copics. I also love the stamps they have that look very similar to a fave movie of mine tee hee. This one is dressy Jeremy who also reminds me of Emmett from said fave movie. I made this card for my nephew's birthday that is coming up very quickly. He will be 13! He is a skater dude (is that the cool/hip term for skateboarders now??) and I thought this dressy Michael digi stamps was perfect for the uber cool and reserved look he has now that he is almost a teen. I used some of my Basic Grey Kioshi line that had a more manly feel to it. I also kept it fairly clean of embellishments- didn't want to embarass my cool dude with too much 'girly' stuff lol. This sketch was so much fun- thanks Jack!

Click here to go to the challenge blog and peek at what our featured Daredevil Jacquie made and also to see the details for this week's challenge. If you have already been to the blog and are hopping along here are the rest of the Daredevil's to help stir up that mojo.
The Dare Devil Designers:

8 comments:

Sara Henton said...

Very COOL!! hehe You did an awesome job as usual, I think he'll love it. I really like how you did the rounded corners on one end.

Welcome! said...

Love love love it Andrea! Awesome colouring and all the papers and everything are just perfect!!! Love the rounded edges too!

kris said...

Oh he's so handsome!!! Wonderful take on the sketch... i love the colors!! =D

FitterTwit said...

I just LOVE Greeting Farm stamps... this card is ADORABLE!!! Your coloring is fantastic and I LOVE all the rounded corners!

Cassie said...

he's so cool. i really love your take on the sketch!

Kim R. said...

I love this! What a good idea using the round corners. Great coloring!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I too, love the rounded corners. What a darling card, Andi!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Sorry I've not been around sooner. I love the Kioshi line but never thought of it as working for a guy! with these colours, it works perfectly!