Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge- I have Mono...

Monochromatic Fever that is!

One of my fave stampers eva- our very own talented Michele has challenged us to do a monochromatic card- or at least mostly mono hee hee. I did add a splash of colour by colouring her feather a soft purple. I embossed my dancing girl Suzette with black embossing powder on white cardstock. I then dug around in my stash and found some delicious flocked white paper. Except you can't see the flocking in this photo- but it's there. I also had a beautiful black satin bow tied by my friend Wheels that I actually designed this card around. Yep I designed it around a bow hee hee. I then saw this black pinstriped paper over at SGD last night and HAD to get it for the card. Seriously takes it up a notch. I also had the rest of the embellishments left over from the monthly SGD card kits so it all came together nicely. I have been moaning and groaning about my lack of creativity- no matter how hard I tried to force it I just couldn't make cards I was happy with. But this card makes me feel like my groove is kicking back into gear. Thanks for the kick in the pants Michele!

Now of course I have already seen the rest of the DT's cards- let's just say there are some days I want to give up and throw my markers in the river these girls are soo good! Click here and go to the challenge blog and see for yourself and also for this challenge's details. You have 2 week's to play along this time!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your family and friends- xoxo Andi

5 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Andrea!! I love the colours.....or, um, is that lack of colours?!?!? :)

StampinCathy said...

WOW! This is just stunning! Love the colors and your creative style.

g said...

gorgeous!! i bet the flocking looks awesome too! super cool card!!

KimberleyG said...

I wish I could see it IRL; I can just imagine how awesome that flocked paper looks. It's a refreshing change to see an outline stamp left as is, well sort of anyway, LOL! I can see how that great bow started it all.

Sara Henton said...

This is so pretty, I just love your take!!