Thursday, July 15, 2010

Paper Romance challenge- Let's get Stitching!

Today for PRC7 we are challenged by the uber talented Cindy to add stitching to our card. It can be hand sewn, by machine or if you are terrible at stitching like me- faux stitching. I am loving the whimsical nature of this card! I used the new High Hopes stamp by MelJen called Piggy Bath and some of my old SU scraps. I coloured my cute piggy with copics and adding colour inside my circle by using wheat versamark ink. Loving the wheat- it's a must own! I then took a brown marker and faked it! I did add paper pierced dots (of course using my handy Tim Holtz ruler) for the dots on the central layer. Let's just say without Timmy and me working together...it looks like I had 5 large glasses of wine before I started adding my pierced dots. I can't make anything straight- in fact most of my cards are crooked in some way. Okay...now don't go back up there and look for it tee hee!

For more details on this week's challenge hop on over to the PRC challenge blog and read the details and see the other amazing DT creations. Let's just say I am in incredible company!

Cheers, Andi

7 comments:

Knerten said...

Aaw, what a pretty card, Andrea, love this cute piggie :-)

Tracey said...

What an adorable image! This card is fabulous Andrea! I love that polda dot pp.

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh.......how cute is this little piggie.........omgosh!!!!


V

Angelwood said...

Aww... this is just tooo cute, Andrea! Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

KimberleyG said...

What a great challenge, stitching adds so much to a card. I love the polka dot paper. The pig stamp is darling;those little swirls and hearts, the little hatch marks, the floppy ears, absolutely adorable! The colours you chose to colour in the stamp are perfect, too. BTW, if the stitching were absolutely perfect it would still be very nice, but I think the hand made look is better for this card.

Melanie said...

Andrea!! I love this cute piggy card!! I adore this image, and I love the papers you paired him up with! You totally had me fooled too...thought your stitching was the real thing. LOL...I'm always sticking something on crooked. It's just proof that it's handmade though...right???

rebecca said...

thanks for letting me be the lucky recipient of this cute card...thanks my friend...see you soon.